Friday, March 24, 2006

Finally - Some News on Sky HD


So, for months I've been trying to find out how I get Sky HD. What's it going to cost? When can I get it? How much is the box?

The call centre, when you can eventually get through, can tell you nothing. Nada. Zip. Squat. Diddly. Nice marketing, creating some real desire and anticipation. Clever. Anyway, after asking three times in six months, I eventually get told about a page where I can register my interest in Sky HD. Fantastic.

Click, click. Ooh, that looks nice. How much? [No information] When [No information] Sigh.

Sign up and you'll be the first to know.

Waits [im]patiently

An Email landed in my inbox today. Sky HD News. You can pay a deposit of £30 and we'll call you to arrange your installation during May. Just in time for the World Cup. [Where do I sign?].

Prior to signing up - is the BBC broadcasting HD? I really want to watch the World Cup in glorious High Definition TV. After some searching (you'd think it wuld be more obvious a marketing campaign by the Beeb), I established that indeed they would be broadcasting their first HD programme, Germany v Costa Rica on 09 June 2006.

Finding £2,000 for the TV I would like is all that remains now. And to redecorate the lounge after mounting the new plasma on the wall.

No comments: