Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Online Storage

A friend announced to me that he's using the Google GDrive. Having noted the promise of such technology in a recent RSS feed, I was keep to have a play, although was pretty sure that it had not been released as yet.
Following a Google search for said beast, the most interesting thing I discovered with was 25GB of free online storage at www.streamload.com.
I request an invitation to the GDrive service from my friend to establish just what this thing was: It turns out to be a neat idea, just not a Google product. Essentially, it uses your credentials to 'Email' files to your Google account and use the free storage therein. The neat part is that it creates a virtual drive on your PC to achieve this seamlessly.
I sincerely hope that when the Virtual Drive Wars really hot up between Microsoft and Google, they implement it in a similar, or better way.

Cool. Untested by this blogger, but cool!

No comments: